a person’s leg, especially an attractive female leg.
verb, gammed, gam·ming.
1. a herd or school of whales.
2. Eastern New England, Nautical. a social meeting, visit, or the like, as between whaling vessels at sea.
verb (used without object)
3. (of whales) to assemble into a herd or school.
4. Nautical (of the officers and crews of two whaling vessels) to visit or converse with one another for social purposes.
5. Eastern New England. to participate in a gam or social visit.
1840–50, Americanism; perhaps dialectal variant of game.
Gam Gallery is located within and fronts ACME Studios in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. Reflecting the artistic community in which it is located, the Gam operates as a gallery, studio space, small boutique and venue. Since its inception in December 2009, Gam Gallery has strove to foster a social environment where emerging artists can exhibit, create and make lasting relationships. Programming includes a monthly schedule of exhibitions and games nights in the gallery as well as theatre and music events, model drawing, film screenings and community markets. The Gam also participates in city-wide events such as Swarm, Olio Festival, Vancouver Art Walk, National Youth Arts Week and The Drag as part of the LIVE Performance Art Biennale.
The Gam was founded by Jasmine Colette, Tarah Hogue, Julia Kreutz and Jamie Reid.
Curators: Tarah Hogue & Julia Kreutz
Thank you to everyone who has been involved with and supported Gam Gallery.